Patrick L. Allen, MD, II, PLLC
Gynecologists located in Richland Hills, TX
We are currently offering 2 different, high quality full spectrum Hemp Oil products that contain CBD. Both of these products are made to very high standards with good absorption and high quality. One product is a pill and the other is in a drop form that is placed under the tongue. The endocannabinoid system is the largest neurotransmitter system in the body and it exerts a myriad of effects on the body. That is why so many practitioners are so excited about the use of these products for a multitude of conditions!
Hemp Oil Supplements Q & A
What is CBD?
CBD is the abbreviation for the compound Cannabidiol and it is one of 113 identified phytocannabinoids found in cannabis and hemp. There is good evidence that it has potential benefit to a wide range of systems in our body because it exerts its effect through the body’s endocannabinoid system. We’ve all heard of our body’s cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal system, respiratory system, and so forth, but did you know your body also has an endocannabinoid system?
The endocannabinoid system was identified in the 1992 by Raphael Mechoulam, an Israeli organic chemist and professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel. Studying the effects of cannabis since the 60’s, Dr. Mechoulam ascertained that THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) interacts with the largest receptor system in the human body, the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
He then found that the human brain produces its very own Cannabis-like substance, a chemical they named "anandamide" after the Sanskrit word ananda, meaning “bliss”. Anandamide exerts positive effects on mood, memory, brain function and pain, but it is rapidly inactivated by an enzyme (FAAH) making its effect short lived. CBD actually inhibits the action of the enzyme FAAH so that the body’s naturally made anandamide continues to be active, prolonging the positive effect on mood, memory, brain function and pain relief.
Our body’s ECS has at least two major receptors, CB 1 and CB 2, and also produces other endocannabinoids beside anandamide. The CB 1 receptors are typically found in the brain and throughout the nervous system while CB 2 receptors are primarily found in the immune system. Consequently, we can see why CBD oil is touted to treat illnesses from A to Z…acne, allergy, anxiety, epilepsy, pain, etc.
The Pill Form:
We offer a Full-Spectrum Clinical Strength Hemp CBD Extract - Formula30A
Formula30A Clinical Strength Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Extract is built on an all-natural formula containing a full-spectrum of cannabidiol, phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids that work together to magnify each other’s therapeutic benefits.
Formula30A’s organically grown hemp flowers, harvested by expert Colorado and Oregon growers, are third-party tested for potency and purity. Through their US-patented, water-based extraction process, it can deliver a full-spectrum hemp extract high in CBD content without the contamination risk of other extraction processes in the industry. Our extract is then combined with organic coconut oil (and nothing else!) and encapsulated in vegan capsules.
There is 25mg of CBD full-spectrum extract per capsule for ease of use and proper dosing. At Formula30A, we aim to supply the Medical Community and their patients with the finest, high-quality CBD products and lead the industry in clinical research and education.
Contains less than 0.3% THC by weight. All product is delivered to our medical providers with Certificate of Analysis of every batch we produce.
What's in the Bottle
Each bottle of Formula30A 25mg Capsules comes with 30 capsules containing 25mg each of full-spectrum CBD extract (750mg of CBD total per bottle).
Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Hemp CBD Extract, Vegan Capsules
The Good Ol' Days
Remember the old days of going to the gas station and an attendant came out to provide "full service" (i.e. fill the tank, wash the windows, and check the oil)? Inevitably, the question was raised, “Will that be regular or high test [premium] gasoline?” That experience no longer exists, but a similar choice does regarding CBD Oil as it relates to the choice of isolate or full spectrum.
What is THC?
CBD oil contains a number of different cannabinoids, as well as essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and amino acids, but may also contain other active components such as flavonoids and terpenes. THC, the psychoactive component in hemp, is found in higher concentrations in products designed for use such as medical marijuana.
CBD Isolate: "Regular"
The pure CBD isolate variety has absolutely no THC. The CBD isolate also does not contain the additional flavonoids and terpenes so it could be equated to the “regular” gasoline. The pure CBD isolate variety definitely provides benefit to the endocannabinoid system of the body, as we discussed previously: acne, allergy, anxiety, epilepsy, pain, etc.
CBD Full Spectrum: "Premium"
The “high test” (premium) variety of CBD oil, called "full spectrum," does contain these additional active components of flavonoids and terpenes, all working together to provide enhancement called the “entourage effect.” Since the full spectrum variety contains these additional active components, it can also have trace amounts of the psychoactive THC. However, all full spectrum products available outside of the medical and recreational hemp realm, by law have less than 0.3% THC and therefore have no psychoactive effects on a person, though may possibly result in a positive THC drug screen.
For those not exposed to a potential drug screen, the full spectrum variety of CBD oil may provide a more robust benefit as the cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes work synergistically to enhance and broaden the benefit.
The Five Questions Game
So now that you know the difference between regular and premium (isolate and full spectrum), you should be ready to select the product that best suits your situation. My email inbox is inundated with so many different brands and I suspect yours is, too. To help ensure you select a product that delivers potency, purity, and quality these five questions will provide the information you need to make a wise decision.
- How is the hemp grown? Industrial hemp grows quickly and is a hardy plant with the ability to absorb a high percentage of the nutrients in the soil in which it is planted. As a result, soil quality has a direct impact on the quality of hemp-based products, as plants will also absorb any soil contaminants such as lead, cadmium, and selenium. As a result, Formula30A only sources industrial hemp from farms in Colorado and Oregon that do not use herbicides, pesticides, or harmful chemical fertilizers. Their high standards for grower quality ensure that the product you receive is safe and effective.
- How is the hemp oil processed? In the CBD industry today, there are a variety of extraction methods to get from leafy green plants to pure, usable CBD oil. Some of these methods are safe and effective, while others use harsh chemicals and other contaminants that can make their way into the end products. Formula30A uses a patented, all-natural process to extract CBD oil for their products using purely natural inputs. This water-based, solvent-free extraction method does not introduce harmful chemicals into the products and uses technology that has been available to humans since the ancient Egyptians. Unlike other methods, production of Formula30A also never crosses the 0.3% THC threshold at any point in the process. This allows them to provide safe, legal, high-quality CBD products free from chemicals and contaminants.
- Is the hemp oil tested? Quality and purity are of the utmost importance for every product that Formula30A offers. To ensure that every milligram of oil they sell meets their high standards, products are tested by qualified third-party laboratories twice in the production process. Each batch of CBD Oil is tested for potency and purity directly after extraction. Their products are then third-party tested again after encapsulation, ensuring that what is put in their bottles matches the label on the front. They also track the Certificate of Analysis from the laboratory to each bottle shipped, so that they know the quality of each and every product they sell.
- How much CBD is in it? The potency of CBD products is vital to their success in providing health benefits to patients, as is knowing how much to take in order to achieve desired outcomes. Formula30A offers products in 25mg dosages that are third-party tested to ensure a minimum CBD potency for each capsule. In order to better determine individual dosing, Formula30A is only available for purchase through qualified physicians, provided at their guidance. As there is confusion in the general CBD market about patient dosing to achieve desired effects, Formula30A is also running ongoing clinical dosing studies designed to meet FDA standards. They are running these studies in order to measure outcomes in patients using CBD and provide industry-first guidance to medical professionals on Formula30A dosages for specific ailments.
- What other ingredients are used? CBD oil products are often diluted with other ingredients to achieve the required milligrams of CBD per milliliter of the total product. Some products also include additional flavorings, additives, and other potentially harmful ingredients. Formula30A CBD oil products contain only what is on the label: all-natural hemp CBD extract and organic coconut oil in vegan capsules. Their ingredients are entirely natural, and they never use any additives or chemicals to guarantee the highest quality product on the market.
The Drops: Med7
HEMP VS. MARIJUANA
Industrial hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species grown specifically for the industrial uses of its derived products. Commercially it has been refined into paper, textiles, clothing, biodegradable plastics, paint, insulation, biofuel, food, cosmetics, nutritional supplements and animal feed. While industrial hemp and marijuana are both members of the Cannabis sativa species, they have distinctive biochemical compositions and uses.
Unique to industrial hemp are the high amounts of phytocannabinoids (sometimes referred to as CBD, which is an abbreviation for cannabidiol), a prominent naturally-occurring cannabinoid component found in Cannabis Sativa. CBD is “a cannabinoid devoid of psychoactive effect.” After THC (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD is by far the most studied natural cannabinoid. According to many researchers it may be the single most important cannabinoid ever discovered.
Phytocannabinoids are harvested from industrial hemp which has been specifically cultivated for medicinal and industrial use with high CBD content and THC levels below 0.3%. Marijuana, on the other hand, is harvested from Cannabis plants that are cultivated with high THC and low CBD content.
Through a combination of unique cultivars, advanced plant genetics, and cutting-edge growing techniques, an exceptionally high percentage of CBD oil with low levels of THC* can legally be produced around the world and in the US naturally and consistently from industrial hemp. Made with the oil from these hemp cultivars, CBD can legally be distributed and sold throughout the US in a variety of products containing little or no THC.
Super Critical CO2 & Liquid Chromatography Extraction—the Gold Standard! Crucial to the quality of natural hemp CBD-rich oil is extraction, which takes place after the plants have been harvested and dried. Inexpensive methods yielding low quality CBD oil involve toxic solvents such as propane, hexane, pentane, and butane, which are flammable hydrocarbon gases found in petroleum.
Another popular method uses organic, pharmaceutical-grade ethanol or grain alcohol to eliminate certain toxins and residues in the raw plant material itself. While this yields a high amount of cannabinoids and is GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for human consumption, it can also destroy the plant’s waxes, leading to a less potent oil.
The most proven method of extraction yielding the highest quality hemp CBD oil is Supercritical CO2, which uses carbon dioxide under high pressure and extremely low temperatures to isolate, preserve, and maintain oil purity, preserving the highest percentage of the plant’s trichomes – cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. While more expensive and requiring complex equipment and expertise, Supercritical CO2 extraction is the only method used by growers and producers of the full spectrum hemp CBD oil used in all Med 7 products.
The US and European Union require all legally distributed and sold CBD products contain less than 0.3% and 0.2% THC respectively. Because CBD and THC are so similar, other companies producing full spectrum hemp oil have to strip them both out and later in the process reintroduce CBD back into the mix as an isolate. Other methods include diluting the CBD content with other oils and ingredients to meet these regulations. Med 7 is one of the only US companies to use column chromatography to remove any unwanted amounts of THC without removing CBD or other cannabinoids.
HIGHEST ABSORPTION, FASTEST RELIEF
Med7 uses Purzorb* technology which makes full spectrum hemp oil, including CBD, more bio-available without changing its structure or losing its efficacy. With an absorption rate of 85% and peak effect in under 15 minutes, Med 7 is the fastest, most efficient full spectrum hemp CBD oil you can buy.
Juliet Vaginal Rejuvenationmore info
Body Contouring with truSculpt iDmore info
Hemp Oil Supplementsmore info
Juliet Laser Facial Resurfacingmore info
Peptide Therapymore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Pap Smearmore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Sexual Dysfunctionmore info
Intrauterine Device (IUD)more info
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)more info
Women’s Wellnessmore info
NovaSure Ablationmore info
Endometrial Biopsymore info
AviClear Laser Acne Treatmentmore info