Birthplace: Corpus Christi, TX
Date of Birth: October 22, 1959
Marital Status: Married, 3 children
| 1977-1981 || Texas A& M University|
College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering-Cum Laude
| 1991-1995 || University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio |
San Antonio, Texas
MD awarded May 1995, Final Rank 61 of 197, GPA 3.577
| 1995-1999 || Resident in Obstetrics & Gynecology at OUHSe |
Honors and Awards
| 1981 || Phi Tau Sigma- National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society |
Tau Beta Pi- National Engineering Honor Society
| 1992-1994 || Volunteer Service of Memorial City Medical Center Hospital Scholarship Award |
| 1995 || Senior Kline Award for Outstanding Case Presentation |
| 1997 || Berlex Laboratories Resident Teaching Award-"Best Second Year Teaching Resident" || 1999 || Academic Achievement (CREOG Test Scores Award;|
Best Paper by a Fourth Year Resident/titled "Demonstration of Induction of Passive
Immunization of the Baboon Fetus with Hepatitis B Vaccine"
| 2005-2006 || Chairman, Department OB/GYN, North Hills Hospital |
| 2007 || North Hills Hospital, "Physician of the Year for 2007" |
- American Board OBIBYN, Diplomat
- United States Medical Licensing Examination-Step I passed 6/93; Step II passed 8/94; Step III passed 5/96
- Licensed in State of Texas- License Number K7498
- Licensed in State of Oklahoma- License Number 19890
- Basic Cardiac Life Support & Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- "Ascites as a Predictor of Ovarian Malignancy"; Presented at the OUHSC Department of Ob/Gyn Research Day, June 1997.
- "Obesity: Can it be Managed?" Presented at the OUHSC Department of Ob/Gyn Grand Rounds, March, 1998.
- "The Significance of Single Umbilical Artery: A Review at the University of Oklahoma
- "Prenatal Assessment Center"; Presented at the OUHSC Department ofOb/Gyn Research Day, June 1998.
- "Gestational Trophoblastic Disease"; Presented at Morbidity and Mortality Conference, February 1999: Presented at Harris Hospital Grand Rounds, November 1999.
- "Demonstration oflnduction of Passive Immunization of the Baboon Fetus with Hepatitis B Vaccine"; Presented at the OUHSC Department ofOb/Gyn Research Day, June 1999.
Worked at Exxon Co USA in various engineering capacities from 1982-1991.
Private Practice opened August 2, 1999
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) Fellow
- Tarrant Count Medical Society
Extracurricular Activities and Outside Interests
Both my wife and I try to stay active in our parish church and school.
I am involved in competitive Masters swimming